it won't start

Hi all - I have read all the above posts and STILL can not get UM wo work.

I too am a complete noob to linux. I am trying this on a spare PC before taking it out on the road as a mobile DJ.

The installer did NOT create a shortcut so I am running the UltraMixer.sh file as refered to previously in the post. I get NO spash screen or anything.

I am running Fedora Core 4. I have also tried to uninstall with out success, the uninstaller just hangs.

I have attached a copy of the console output

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: while resolving class : com.ultramixer.main.view.StartUltramixer
at java.lang.VMClassLoader.transformException(java.lang.Class, java.lang.Thro wable) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
at java.lang.VMClassLoader.resolveClass(java.lang.Class) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so. 6.0.0)
at java.lang.Class.initializeClass() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
at java.lang.Class.forName(java.lang.String, boolean, java.lang.ClassLoader) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: java.lang.StringBuilder not found i n gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader{urls=[file:./,file:./,file:lib/UltraMixer.ja r,file:lib/res.jar,file:./,file:lib/skinlf.jar,file:lib/hsqldb.jar,file:./,file: lib/tbley.jar,file:lib/IClock.jar,file:./,file:lib/jdom.jar,file:lib/jaxen.jar,f ile:./,file:lib/jaxen-jdom.jar,file:lib/saxpath.jar,file:./,file:lib/TableLayout .jar,file:lib/umupdate.jar,file:./,file:./,file:lib/entagged-audioformats-0.12.j ar,file:lib/freeJSX1.0.7.5.jar,file:./,file:lib/l2fprod-common-directorychooser. jar,file:lib/NativeFmodEx.jar,file:./,file:lib/swing-worker.jar,file:lib/JFreedb Client.jar,file:./,file:lib/jdic.jar,file:lib/jdic_fileutil.jar,file:./], parent =gnu.gcj.runtime.ExtensionClassLoader{urls=[], parent=null}}
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(java.lang.String) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6. 0.0)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(java.lang.String, boolean) (/usr/lib/libgc j.so.6.0.0)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(java.lang.String) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0. 0)
at java.lang.Class.forName(java.lang.String, boolean, java.lang.ClassLoader) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
…4 more

output of ls for the UltraMixer directory

[root@linux-testbox UltraMixer]# ls
[color=blue:2d36c]data[/color:2d36c] [color=green:2d36c]libjdic_fileutil.so libtray.so UltraMixer.sh[/color:2d36c]
[color=blue:2d36c]lib[/color:2d36c] [color=green:2d36c]libjdic.so[/color:2d36c] [color=blue:2d36c]licences[/color:2d36c] [color=green:2d36c]umerr.txt
libfmodex.so libPlayerNative.so[/color:2d36c] [color=blue:2d36c]res Uninstaller[/color:2d36c]

contents of umerr.txt
Jan 18, 2006 9:55:06 AM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$2 run
INFO: Created user preferences directory.
Jan 18, 2006 9:55:06 AM com.ultramixer.preferences.c
INFO: Different key size…
Jan 18, 2006 9:55:06 AM model.PlayerNative
WARNING: Couldn’t load native library! Switch off backend (MODEL_OFF=true)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/local/UltraMixer/libPlayerNative.so: ./libfmodex.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at model.PlayerNative.(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.model.pn.PlayerFmod4.h(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.model.a.b(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.main.view.StartUltramixer.b(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.main.view.StartUltramixer.main(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Command

Which UltraMixer version did you download? With or without java? Which java version is on your system? To find out use the following command on terminal: “java -version”

Hi Tobi

Java Version -

java version “1.5.0_06”
Java™ 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 1.5.0_06-b05, mixed mode, sharing)

As to the version of UltraMixer downloaded, I am unsure as I downloaded the recommended version (filename UltraMixer-2.0.3beta-linux.jar if its any help)

Seems to be correct…ok, try the following:

1a. UltraMixer 2.0.3 needs write permissions…
1b. open the terminal, change to the ultramixer root directory. type: UltraMixer.sh or ./UltraMixer.sh

1. Download the Ultramixer version with java and try to start it…

Another question: Could you install the current UltraMixer version without problems?

Hi Tobi

Thanks once again for your speedy response. Yes the install seemed to go without a problem, except that I requested a desktop icon and didn’t get one.

I have tried to uninstall UltraMixer before re-installing from the newly downloaded including java application but I can’t get the jar file to work at all :frowning:

Will it be OK (as it normally is under windoze) just to install over the top ie the installer WILL overwrite all the current files and permissions

Yes, you can overwrite the old installation.

to start the Ultramixer setup open the terminal, change to the setup file and type in: “java -jar UltraMixer-2.0.3beta-linux-withjava.jar”

sorry, this has made absolutley no difference and the uninstall STILL DOES NOT WORK

i want to remove this now will find something else - please advise how i can do it with no working uninstaller

simply delete the um directory…

To help you i need more information about the occuring errors…please post the terminal output when starting UltraMixer or the setup.

I have posted all the outputs from the execution of the problem earlier in the thread. I get no errors at all during setup

I have now removed UM - for the time being and will continue woth the DJ software I am using on my windze laptop. Any idea when this will be out of beta as it looks good but will now only try it when it goes commercial with compatibility garantees or clear instructions how to install (sorry to say yours are dire on the website). If i had a better knowledge of linux i would offer to assist and write you a detailed report. As I am brand new to linux I don’t feel I can do this as I may be making some really stupid error time and time again.

Can you please keep me advised when a reliable version is released

Hello All,

I downloaded and installed UltraMixer-2.0.4beta-linux-withjava. I installed it with java -jar UltraMixer-2.0.4beta-linux-withjava.jar, installation looked successful. I also gave write permission for /data. I also have libstdc++. But when I try to execute Ultramixer from my desktop shortcut, splash screen is shown. That is all. It does not start. And there are no any errors and umerr.txt. And it is same when I try to execute by ./UltraMixer.sh. I mean that there are no errors. I use Suse 9.2. What is the problem? What can I do?

Best Regards,

Neccokko

[quote=“necco”:cf539]
Hello All,

I downloaded and installed UltraMixer-2.0.4beta-linux-withjava. I installed it with java -jar UltraMixer-2.0.4beta-linux-withjava.jar, installation looked successful. I also gave write permission for /data. I also have libstdc++. But when I try to execute Ultramixer from my desktop shortcut, splash screen is shown. That is all. It does not start. And there are no any errors and umerr.txt. And it is same when I try to execute by ./UltraMixer.sh. I mean that there are no errors. I use Suse 9.2. What is the problem? What can I do?

Best Regards,

Neccokko
[/quote:cf539]

I solved this problem with install libstdc++6-3.4.3-3cl.i386.rpm

FYI

Necco

Hi Necco,

thanks for the information. I solved the problem with libstdc++.so.6 already unfortunately, this version is not yet released. I hope in 2.0.5 we will release this one so you don’t need a specific libstdc++ anymore.

Happy Mixing!
Sl@jaR