it won't start

When I click on the shortcut there opens a black window for a second and then nothing
Please help

Please send the files umerr.txt and umlog.txt [url=http://www.ultramixer.com/contact.html:f20a1]to the support[/url:f20a1].

Where can I find the files??
I do a search but can’t find them.

Normally you can find the error reports in the UltraMixer base directory.

Which operating system do you use? Could you send us a screenshot of your black screen? Have you tried to start UltraMixer with “UltraMixer.bat”?

[quote=“Tobi”:8d322]
Normally you can find the error reports in the UltraMixer base directory.

Which operating system do you use? Could you send us a screenshot of your black screen? Have you tried to start UltraMixer with “UltraMixer.bat”?
[/quote:8d322]

I use Ubuntu breezy.
Screenshot is impossible it is just for a second that I got a black window.
The file UltraMixer.bat does not exist.

The shortcut links to UltraMixer.sh

I’m a bit of a newbie linuxer :wink:

Hey, this was an important information - you are a linux user :slight_smile:

So you decrsibed bug is a known issue. You can download a patched UltraMixer.sh from here:
ultramixer.com/patches/UltraMixer.sh

Replace the old UltraMimxer.sh with the new one and try to start. You can also use the console and type in “UltraMixer.sh” oder “./UltraMixer.sh”

The linux bug is fixed in 2.0.3 thats going to be released next week.

Best regards and Happy Mixing,

[quote=“Tobi”:40878]
Hey, this was an important information - you are a linux user :slight_smile:

So you decrsibed bug is a known issue. You can download a patched UltraMixer.sh from here:

Replace the old UltraMimxer.sh with the new one and try to start. You can also use the console and type in “UltraMixer.sh” oder “./UltraMixer.sh”

The linux bug is fixed in 2.0.3 thats going to be released next week.

Best regards and Happy Mixing,
[/quote:40878]

Strange,still the same problem.
:unamused:

i’m on ubuntu breezy too, youll need to update your java version for it to work

That last post was me, if you still need help i’m on msn, nicDELETEpullanDELETE@optusDELETEnet.com.au. Get rid of those DELETEs, i added them there so i dont get spam :slight_smile:

I stated over again.
I tought I installed jse1.5 but I got an error telling me I only got 1.4!!!

There is a new patched UltraMixer.sh, please retry…

Another solution could be to change the UltraMixer.sh as following:

#!/bin/sh

------------------------------------------------------

UltraMixer Startup Script for Unix

------------------------------------------------------

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

UM_HOME=dirname "$0"
cd $UM_HOME

exec [color=red:e5d68][b:e5d68]PATH_TO_JAVA_1_5_HOME_BIN[/b:e5d68]/[/color:e5d68]java -Xms64M -Xmx512M -classpath .:lib/UltraMixer.jar:lib/res.jar:lib/skinlf.jar:lib/hsqldb.jar:lib/tbley.jar:lib/IClock.jar:lib/jdom.jar:lib/jaxen.jar:lib/jaxen-jdom.jar:lib/saxpath.jar:lib/TableLayout.jar:lib/umupdate.jar:lib/jogg-0.0.7.jar:lib/jorbis.jar:lib/entagged-audioformats-0.12.jar:lib/freeJSX1.0.7.5.jar:lib/l2fprod-common-directorychooser.jar:lib/NativeFmodEx.jar:lib/swing-worker.jar:lib/JFreedbClient.jar:lib/jdic.jar:lib/jdic_fileutil.jar com.ultramixer.main.view.StartUltramixer

set the path to the Java JRE 1.5 directory (incl. bin)

Regards,

I still got problems to install the right java
The first time this worked but now…
:blush:

To help you we need more details! What’ the problem? Please post error messages! How do you try to install Java? on the terminal? With the *.bin file?

I made with sudo nautilius a map in /usr called java.
then I installed jre-1.5.0… whitout any probs
but when I do java --version I still got the 1.4!!!
And I need at least the 1.5…
He is installed but my system don’t see him.
I installed it with help from somebody from this forum but I don’t know how anymore.
I did something with chmod and then ./“something”

I installed again java 1.5.
Now when I do java --version I get the right one.
BUT if Itry to download the ultramixer prog on the site here he says that my java version is not a good one???
Help please

What java version did you install? UltraMixer needs Java 1.5, Java 1.6 is not supported and does not function correctly.

What does say the java detection on the Ultramixer website?

java version “1.5.0_06”

java is disabled on your system…so we can’t recognize suitable version…

Yes, that’s a linux bug… the java version is not been detected on linux at the moment… But that’s not the thing! Just download UltraMixer 2.0.2 (without java) and start it!

Happy Mixing,

[quote=“Tobi”:9be9a]
Yes, that’s a linux bug… the java version is not been detected on linux at the moment… But that’s not the thing! Just download UltraMixer 2.0.2 (without java) and start it!

Happy Mixing,
[/quote:9be9a]

Where can I find the 2.0.2??
I tought it was only possible to download the latest one

you can download UltraMixer 2.0.2 (the actual version) on ultramixer.com (DOWNLOAD => show version (linux))