WMA Problems

Hi folks.
Thanks for developing what looks to be a great start !

I just installed Ultramixer on my desktop, and it’s playing MP3 files just fine.

I also installed it on my laptop, and on that computer I have nothing but WMA files (due to storage constraints). These are WMA files that I converted myself using dbPoweramp v.11. Since I converted these myself, there shouldn’t be any DRM involved.

I’ve uploaded a sample WMA that I’m using to my website so that the gurus around here can check it out and see if anyone can determine what’s happening …

djnrjenz.com/djicey.wma

Hopefully someone can figure this out.

If you need any further information or other samples to inspect, please let me know. I’ll be glad to help anyway I possibly can.

Thanks.

– Brent

Hi aipforum,

thanks. We’ll check this file…

Happy Mixing!
Sl@jaR

Hi aipforum,

What’s the problem? I can load and play your wma file, it works fine!

Best regards,

Hi Brent,

maybe you are using a Linux OS. Unfortunately, WMA is not supported on non-MS-Windows operating systems.

regards
Sl@jaR

[quote=“Sl@jaR”:0310f]
Hi Brent,
maybe you are using a Linux OS. Unfortunately, WMA is not supported on non-MS-Windows operating systems.
regards
Sl@jaR
[/quote:0310f]

That’s it !
Actually I have both on my desktop. Just booted into WinXP and tried it and it works just fine.

Will support be added for Linux somewhere down the line? Just curious.

Thanks.

Hey Brent,

We will see what we can do. WMA is not easy to support because of MS royalties. 100% compatibility under Linux is not possible. I assume something about 80 till 90% is possible (same issue as for MS Word .doc files). I see what I can do … since I want to play WMA’s too under Linux :wink:. Unfortunately, WMA’s that are DRM encoded are not possible.

Happy Mixing!
Sl@jaR