Sound Stuttering

Hey Guys,

Great work so far, but i have some sound problems with the UM 2.0.7 beta on my computer.
When i try to add or delete a song, the active song is stuttering for a second. This is also the case, when im doing something in the menu.

System: Athlon XP 3000+, 1024MB RAM, Creative Audigy 2 Soundcard, ATI X800 Graphics Card, Windows XP SP2

Would be great if somebody could help me solve this problem.

Greets,

Christoph

Hi Chris,

this sounds like a tuning issue :wink: Please try to decrease the soundbuffer in the preferences dialog.

regards
Sl@jaR

Hey Sla@jar,

I tried decreased the soundbuffer to 1 in the preferences dialog, but this has no affect on my soundstuttering problem. I also played a little bit with the soundbuffer, but this also doesnt affect the stuttering.
Could it be, that there is a kind of conflict, between UM and my Creative Software Tools?

greets

Christoph

Hi Chris,

well I have got Creative soundcards here, too. I use a SBLive 512, SBLive 1024 gold and a USB Sound Blaster. They work properly with Windows and the USB thing works good on MacOSX.
I have never tried an Audigy but I don’t think it’s the problem. Could it be a very slow harddrive?

regards
Sl@jaR

Hey Sl@jaR,

I dont think my harddrive is very slow actually, but i have to confess i dont know the exact speed. One reason could be i didnt a defragmentation for a long time…
But if the harddisk is the reason, should then cds work without stuttering? I didnt try it with different cds until now. But i will have a try and post the results when i have enough time.

Thanks so far,

Christoph

And another thing…

Every time when i quit UM, i get a message that there has been an error and that the report has beeing sent to the developers. Is that normal?

Greets,

Chris

Hi,

of course not. Did you let UM report the bug once? It’s enough to do it once, otherwise we will be flooded with Mails :wink:

regards
Sl@jaR

Hi,

i reported the bug of course…

greets

Chris

Hi,

i think its not the harddisk, because sound only is stuttering when im doing something with UM. If i run other programms, which also have to read from the harddisk, the sound goes on normally.
I also tried some other dj-software like kramixer or e-mix. With this programms, i have no stuttering at all.

greets,

Christoph

Ok ok…

i think im getting a little bit soft in the brain at least…
Now i found out, that there is no stuttering at all, when im running my googlemailaccount, ROFL.
Ok, i downloaded the licencse key for UM with this account, but this shouldnt have any affect on the software, cause the file is stored on the harddisk now, is it???
I tried it a thousand times, and everytime i close firefox with my googlemailaccount, the stuttering problem is back again, also when i logout googlemail.

Could anybody pls tell me what i did wrong during installation or better said during registration?

again lol

greets

Christoph

Hi Chris,

what does the CPU utilization say while using GoogleMail? It must be pretty high, am I right?

regards
Sl@jaR

Hi Sl@jar,

CPU utilization is a little bit higher than without googlemail, but only about 5% in average.
I would say, that the average is between 35 and 40 %

regards

Christoph