no sound

Hi,

Im using Ubuntu Linux 5.10, after a smoothly install, there is no sound at all, i tried to kill the artsd, tried to run trough artsdsp -m (before kill artsd), but nothing happens, the program are running fine, no erros showed but no sound too.

Any sugestions?

Best,

Ricardo Macari.

Hi ricardom,

this is a known bug as discussed in this forum (please search before post in the future). You will probably need to Mute and UnMute the player (press the Mute button twice).

best regards
Sl@jaR

Ill try that.

About “search before”, ill never think that is bug, as i use several forums, the developers dont like to new users to came and say “hey this is a bug” so i respect this and primary i report a problem, if they saw this as a bug they could check, and this is why i never “report a bug” i only tell my problems with the software, because sometimes its what they really are.

That worked fine, thank you.

Another problem show up, the program close it self when i crossfaded about 4 musics, is this a know bug too?

[quote=“Sl@jaR”:8c9a5]
Hi ricardom,

this is a known bug as discussed in this forum (please search before post in the future). You will probably need to Mute and UnMute the player (press the Mute button twice).

best regards
Sl@jaR
[/quote:8c9a5]

Hey ricardom,

[quote:1a6d8]
About “search before”, ill never think that is bug, as i use several forums, the developers dont like to new users to came and say “hey this is a bug” so i respect this and primary i report a problem, if they saw this as a bug they could check, and this is why i never “report a bug” i only tell my problems with the software, because sometimes its what they really are.
[/quote:1a6d8]

Sure, there are bugs in a Beta staged software and we know that :wink: but and we encurage users to contact us to report them. Actually, we have spare time to support every user itself so we hope you can understand that we want you to do a small search in the support forum.

Your second problem seems to be the PositionSet-Bug. I hope we found a soultion for this problem and it will be fixed in 2.0.4 or 2.0.5.

Happy Mixing!
Sl@jaR

Thanks for the help, i really appreciate that, and ok next time ill search before. :slight_smile:

Great software btw, its has a future.

[quote=“Sl@jaR”:86e23]
Hey ricardom,
Sure, there are bugs in a Beta staged software and we know that :wink: but and we encurage users to contact us to report them. Actually, we have spare time to support every user itself so we hope you can understand that we want you to do a small search in the support forum.
Your second problem seems to be the PositionSet-Bug. I hope we found a soultion for this problem and it will be fixed in 2.0.4 or 2.0.5.

Happy Mixing!
Sl@jaR
[/quote:86e23]

hi!

i’m using slackware linux, and i’m not getting any sound. also tried to mute and unmute, but it didn’t work.

any help?

Hi jonny_,

wich version of UM did you use? Is your current OSS setup running correctly (e.g. in XMMS or Audiacity)?

best regards
Sl@jaR

i already had problems with sound - if amarok, kaffeine, juk, … is running, the sound doesn’t work in other apps.

but i closed all programmes and ultra mixer should work. but it didn’t.

is ultramixer running just on OSS.
are there any configs for UM?

i use UM 2.0.4, slackware 10.2, linux 2.4.31, use ALSA, xine engine…
tell me what i need to post, that you can help me.

thanx!

oh, and the last post is from me. (Jonny_) :slight_smile:

Hey Jonny_,

right now UM is just using OSS. We will support ALSA when the engine is stable on OSS. Did you install the compatibility layer for ALSA (libaoss.so). That’s needed to run OSS apps on a ALSA-only system.

best regards
Sl@jaR

/usr/lib/libaoss.so.0
/usr/lib/libaoss.so
/usr/lib/libaoss.so.0.0.0

that is what i find with “slocate”. OSS is also working. will try to set OSS.

is this normal? :slight_smile:

[img:e42fa]http://www.vipnox.net/tfile/UM.png[/img:e42fa]

Hi Jonny_,

thank you for the screenshot. Obviously, that’s not normal :slight_smile:
What is your soundcard? Could you please tell us what xmms displays?

cheers
Sl@jaR

you won’t believe what happend…
i had a dream this night that my UM is working (has the sound). when i come to my computer, start UM, press play it played. :smiley::smiley:

also the picture looks good now. i haven’t change anything. :smiley:

UM souncard looks OK now:
[img:f26ab]http://www.vipnox.net/tfile/UM1.png[/img:f26ab]

xmms:
[img:f26ab]http://www.vipnox.net/tfile/xmms.png[/img:f26ab]

Hey Jonny_,

that’s good to hear :wink:. If you find the source of your problem please let us know.

Happy Mixing!
Sl@jaR