[Linux] Playback with 1ms scratches

Hi, I have installed ultramixer 2.2.1 on Ubuntu 8.04 on my IBM Z61p , with Java 1.6.0_06-b02 and have following problems:

1. When I start to playback an mp3, sund is not correct and every 2 seconds I can hear a 1ms pause or silence

2. When I start Ultramixer the CPU goes to 22% load and when the playback start it goes up to 66% od both cores.

In Windows XP on the same machine everything works fine.

Do you have any idea where could be the problem?

Dear SamKo,

well I am not quite sure what causes this issue on your machine. Well, I think it’s a good idea to try the upcoming version 2.2.2 we tremendously improved the overall performance of UltraMixer, so I expect a much better performance on Linux as well.

best regards
Sl@jaR

when will you release 2,2,2? I can’t wait to get the hc 4500 support.

Kind regards

Jos

Hi jyntema,

I can’t wait to release it as well :wink:
Actually, good things take time. Now, we have a very good Release Candiate that’s currently under test and I am quite optimistic to release it very soon.

regards
Sl@jaR

[quote=“Sl@jaR”:d6eba]
Dear SamKo,

well I am not quite sure what causes this issue on your machine. Well, I think it’s a good idea to try the upcoming version 2.2.2 we tremendously improved the overall performance of UltraMixer, so I expect a much better performance on Linux as well.

best regards
Sl@jaR
[/quote:d6eba]
Thank’s for your reply,

I will wait for 2.2.2 and post a feedback :slight_smile:

best regards
SaMko

Dear Samko,

well the 2.2.2 has been actually released as 2.3. Could you please retry now.

TIA
Sl@jaR

Hi, I have tested it, and no change :frowning:

best regards
SaMko

Dear SamKo,

what kind of sound card do you use or maybe you know the chipset in your IBM notebook?

regards
Sl@jaR

Hi,

I have Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) sound card.

best regards
SaMko

Dear SamKo,

could you please go to Menu/Preferences/Audio/AudioEngine and increase the Buffersize which is now 1024 to 2048 and the Count from 4 to 8. Hopefully that helps.

regards
Sl@jaR

Hi, I have tried to increase it up to max and it doesn`t help.

regards
SaMko