[Linux] dual soundcards Ubuntu Gutsy Linux

I have 2 sound cards working on my Ubuntu install and they show up in /dev as dsp and dsp1. Ultramixer only gives me the option of selecting /dev/dsp for playback / monitoring and not dsp1. Any Ideas?

Hello surfed,

do you actually have a link named /dev/dsp1 ? Did you check your ALSA configuration?

regards
Sl@jaR

[quote=“Sl@jaR”:1ee94]
Hello surfed,

do you actually have a link named /dev/dsp1 ? Did you check your ALSA configuration?

regards
Sl@jaR
[/quote:1ee94]
It works with other programs just fine and yes i have /dev/dsp and dev/dsp1 , i am in the audio group, etc. Why dont you try to use JACK for audio in Linux?

Hello surfed,

as far as I know Jackd is not really, suitable for this kind of realtime processing but it might be worth to take a look at it. I’d like to support ALSA in the near future.

regards
Sl@jaR

You should look into jackd. It does support Real Time mode and i get latencies of 5ms with no xruns on my Delta 1010 on a dual xeon 2.4 system while recording multiple channels. It makes pipeing channels on multi channel soundcards super easy and makes the use of effect loops and such much easier. On top of it it would facilitate the use of programs like Jamin (signal compression for live sets) and Jack-rack (for ladspa plugins)