Issues in the beta 9 version

Hello,

I tested the beta version 9 this evening and I found some issues:

• When there’s only one music file in the wish list or in the playlist and the PreviewPlayer for this music file is activated, the green triangle of play isn’t changing to the red stop button. Remains green.

• The issue of not completely playing short samples is back. Not when the short file is played in the soundplayer but when the file is played in the sampler or in the preview player. In the pp it’s the worst. When a musicfile with the text “one, two, three” is played the pp stops after two. When this file is played in the sampler, it cuts off after “one, two, thr……”

• When in the sampler a sample is ended, the button keeps the color yellow (activated) instead of going back to black. This is random on every slot.

• When the option “use anti-aliasing” is disabled, the filearchive (tree) is still in anti-aliasing. Also the buttons of single/cont and party/dj are always anti-aliasing. It would be nice if this setting applies on them also.

• When you select in the file archive a group which is empty and you press in the column of pp (empty record) the sounds stops. The musicfile keeps playing, everything in UM is working but you can’t hear any sound. Errorsfile:
    6-jul-2011 22:46:39 ultramixer.fr uncaughtException
    WARNING: Unhandeled Exception
    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
    at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
    at ultramixer.WA.a(Unknown Source)
    at ultramixer.VW.m(Unknown Source)
    at ultramixer.Wa.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Kind regards,

Patrick

Hello Patrik,

thank you for your bug report.

1. The Previeplayer (green triangle) bug we already fixed in the next version.

2. please send one sample which do not play correctly to our support (support {at } ultramixer _ com

3. anti-aliasing, we will check it.

4. The exception is already solved in the next version.

I downloaded and tested shortly today rc1. I noticed, the issues I mentioned above are not solved in this version. In the previous reply was told the Preview Player (green triangle) bug and the exception bug are already solved in the next verion. I hope when they say solved in the next version, they mean the next beta/RC version. Not version 3.04! Especially the bug exeption error is not acceptable.
The last thing you want during a dj session is that the music stops when you press accidentally on a empty pp column. I think the goal for the UM team is to release (and sell) the best possible version.

Further I send today the sample as requested for testing the issue with playing short samples in the sampler and the pp. As I mentioned in my post, the issue was already solved in a pre-beta release, but came back in version B9 (and rc1). “[i:7ae2f]Fixed: [AudioEngine] Short samples are not played completely.[/i:7ae2f]” I already send an avi file at 23-03-11 with this issue.

Further there is a new issue in RC1. When a song is played, stopped and pressed play again, you first hear the last part of the music file when the song was stopped before the song is started from the beginning (0.2 second).

At this moment I don’t have a good feeling of version 3.03. When I look to all the issues which are found lately, there are returning bugs, and in almost every new version there are new bugs. Yes I know, when a new product is developed there are always issues in a new version. But most of these bugs are easy to find and reproduce when you test UM for one hour. I think when the UM team have a good test of their own before they release a new beta version a lot of these issues already can be found (for example the preview player green/red play stop button issue /stop start issue from the paragraph above / the solved dutch language problem appears when you start UM).

I hope the UM team will release a good (and stable) 3.03 version so I finally can change from 2.44 to 3.03!

Best regards,

Patrick

I mean the RC2 as next version. At the moment as i wrote the article there was no chance to put the fixes into the RC1.

alex

Still some issues in RC3 which I mentioned before:

• Sometimes when in the sampler a sample is ended, the button keeps the color yellow (activated) instead of going back to black. This is random on every slot.

• When a song is played, stopped and pressed play again, you first hear the last part of the music file when the song was stopped before the song is started from the beginning (0.2 second).

• New issue in RC3. Sometime when you play a music file in the preview player, after about 1 second the song jumps from about 1 to 1,5 second. I mean a little piece of the music is not played,skipped. When you press stop and play it again in the PP it sometimes plays well or it goes wrong again.