Install issue with Debian

Hello,

I am trying to install UltraMixer 2.3.7.1using the Java installer.

I am using a currently updated Debian Squeeze release with Sun Java 6 JRE. Here is the console output of the version:

[code:2c218]madmax@medion:~$ java --version
java version “1.5.0”
gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.3.3

Copyright © 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
madmax@medion:~$
[/code:2c218]

When I run the installer, I get the language choice dialog box, and that’s it. I tried selecting OK, as the default is English, my preferred language, and nothing happens. The system sits on that dialog. I have tried this as both the regular user and as root. I have tried hitting enter instead of clicking OK. I have tried the drop down selection box, it does not drop down. I have run java in verbose mode, and nothing happens after the dialog box starts. I have even reinstalled Java JRE, still the same result. Are there more dependencies that I am not aware of?

Please use UltraMixer 2.4

Please use a sun java distribution instead of the GNU Java.

OK, being a few months under a year, I figured I would try Ultramixer again. I gave it a few months an then stopped checking the forum because there was no update. I see there was a response, 8 months later, which I appreciate, I just hope the next one is quicker :wink:

I have a new install of Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04LTS using Sun Java

java version “1.6.0_20”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_20-b02)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 16.3-b01, mixed mode, sharing)

Fresh download of Ultramixer 2.4

I ran the java installer, which worked. When I run /usr/local/UltraMixer/UltraMixer.sh, the program starts asking to choose a mode. I choose the demo. It starts connecting to ALSA, and I see errors in the terminal. It stalls for a while, repeating errors, ultimately giving up and continuing to load skins and then players. It never finishes loading, dragging my system to a crawl, until I kill the process.

[code:ecc68]
user@pc:~$ /usr/local/UltraMixer/UltraMixer.sh
Connecting with db…
connected to db. - Duration: [1702 ms]
Please report the CORE error! (37) An invalid parameter was passed to this function. EnumerateSoundcards …/…/src/UMCore.cpp:463
Please report the CORE error! (37) An invalid parameter was passed to this function. EnumerateSoundcards …/…/src/UMCore.cpp:463
ALSA lib pulse.c:229:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect: Timeout

ALSA lib confmisc.c:768:(parse_card) cannot find card ‘$CARD’
ALSA lib conf.c:4154:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_card_driver returned error: No such device
ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
ALSA lib conf.c:4154:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: No such device
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1251:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
ALSA lib conf.c:4154:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such device
ALSA lib conf.c:4633:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such device
ALSA lib pcm.c:2211:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards
ALSA lib pcm.c:2211:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2211:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2211:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib pcm.c:2211:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.surround71
ALSA lib pcm.c:2211:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1010:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
ALSA lib pcm_dsnoop.c:532:(snd_pcm_dsnoop_open) The dsnoop plugin supports only capture stream
ALSA lib pcm.c:2211:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.modem
ALSA lib pcm.c:2211:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline
ALSA lib pcm.c:6825:(snd_pcm_slave_conf) missing field pcm
ALSA lib pcm_shm.c:878:(_snd_pcm_shm_open) pcm is not defined
ALSA lib pcm.c:6825:(snd_pcm_slave_conf) missing field pcm
ALSA lib pcm_file.c:950:(_snd_pcm_file_open) file is not defined
Killed
[/code:ecc68]

Could you please tell me what sound cards do you use? Are they working with other software products?

Thank you for your response.

I am using a Toshiba Satellite 5205-S503
The lspci output for sound card is:

[code:8ee16]00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801CA/CAM AC’97 Audio Controller (rev 02)[\code]

lsmode |grep sound shows:

[code]snd_intel8x0 25588 2
snd_ac97_codec 100646 1 snd_intel8x0
ac97_bus 1002 1 snd_ac97_codec
snd_pcm_oss 35308 0
snd_mixer_oss 13746 1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm 70662 3 snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss
snd_seq_dummy 1338 0
snd_seq_oss 26726 0
snd_seq_midi 4557 0
snd_rawmidi 19056 1 snd_seq_midi
snd_seq_midi_event 6003 2 snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi
snd_seq 47263 6 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_midi_event
snd_timer 19098 2 snd_pcm,snd_seq
snd_seq_device 5700 5 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq
snd 54148 14 snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_seq_oss,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_device
soundcore 6620 1 snd
snd_page_alloc 7076 2 snd_intel8x0,snd_pcm
[/code:8ee16]

Looking at that output, it appears that I am using OSS drivers.

The soundcard works find with the system sounds, Mixxx, Rythembox, Rivendell, and others.

-Max

More info:

[code:c12b8]cat /proc/asound/oss/sndstat
Sound Driver:3.8.1a-980706 (ALSA v1.0.21 emulation code)
Kernel: Linux toshiba 2.6.32-22-generic #36-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 3 22:02:19 UTC 2010 i686
Config options: 0

Installed drivers:
Type 10: ALSA emulation

Card config:
Intel 82801CA-ICH3 with YMF753 at irq 10

Audio devices:
0: Intel 82801CA-ICH3 (DUPLEX)

Synth devices: NOT ENABLED IN CONFIG

Midi devices: NOT ENABLED IN CONFIG

Timers:
31: system timer

Mixers:
0: Yamaha YMF753
[/code

cat /proc/asound/oss/devices 0: [0- 0]: mixer 1: : sequencer 3: [0- 0]: digital audio 4: [0- 0]: digital audio 8: : sequencer 12: [0- 1]: digital audio

[code]cat /proc/asound/I82801CAICH3/codec97#0/ac97#0-0
0-0/0: Yamaha YMF753

PCI Subsys Vendor: 0x1179
PCI Subsys Device: 0x0002

Flags: 0
Capabilities : -bass & treble-
DAC resolution : 18-bit
ADC resolution : 16-bit
3D enhancement : YAMAHA Ymersion

Current setup
Mic gain : +0dB [+0dB]
POP path : pre 3D
Sim. stereo : off
3D enhancement : off
Loudness : off
Mono output : MIX
Mic select : Mic1
ADC/DAC loopback : off
Extended ID : codec=0 rev=1 AMAP DSA=0 SPDIF
Extended status : SPCV SPDIF=3/4 SPDIF
SPDIF Control : Consumer PCM Copyright Category=0x0 Generation=0 Rate=48kHz[/code:c12b8]

I forgot to add that this is an Intel based Pentium 4 Mobile 2.0ghz with 1g of ram.