FR for 2.0.2+

Hi,
Need to give you a big applause on the current beta. Very good piece of SW.

I got some ideas, I’d like to get your opinion on - or get it implemented :wink:
I know, that some of them are part of other commercial software, but they are indeed very usefull on the stage :slight_smile:

1. Playlists
    Possibility to record a session as a playlist (for reuse within ultramixer)
    including fadings, sound control settings,…
  2. BPM analysis
    … as soon as the file gets loaded into the filelist
    Currently only done when started playing
  3. Effects/Samples
    A few buttons with definable samples (buttons with assigned music files (e.g. Sirens, “Pump it up”, self recorded things)
    Pushing these buttons lowers current player volume, plays the sample and puts volume of player back to original

Hi lalo3649 (what a beautiful name :wink:),

Thanks for your ideas. BPM analysis and a sample player is on top of our to-do list! The next Ultra-release 2.0.3 (beta) contains the ability to export playlists. What you mean is to record the complete mixing session including control settings (e.g. pitch), isn’t it? Could you explain this feature request a little more? We planned to save control settings for each song and to reproduce this settings, but session-indepently. Is this what you are looking for?

Happy Mixing,

Thanks for your reply. Looking forward for the goodies :slight_smile:
The way you proposed handling settings (as far as I understand that’s saving settings to each music file) is one way to handle it, but what I actually thought about is an enhanced playlist, which means, that you actually record the cue/fading points, volume level variances (even within a file),…
It’s more or less recording a session as a “WAV” file, which could then be played again. Usually I do a block of regae music then a block of 70’s, moving forward to the current stuff.
It would be nice to have “fixed” blocks" which can be used.
in my dream I don’t see this as a single WAV file, but as a playlist, but actually with these additional settings for cue/fade,…

let’s have a dream
8)

Hi lalo3649,

wow, that sounds like a pretty good idea. I am sure we will discuss this fature :slight_smile: You’re welcome to propose more fetaure requests.

best regards
Sl@jaR