Filearchive

OK , just purchased UM 3 pro.

On my gig machine , I built the database from scratch , ie , I did no import any thing from UM2.
Problem , when adding a directory to the file archive , I locate the folder named “songs” on my external drive , this contains about 350 folders and within these is approx 17000 tracks , UM will only add folders up to the letter “B” :frowning: , no way to import the whole folder , any ideas guys.
however it will read the backup “songs” folder which is in the laptop drive , strange.
Still I will be using this live tonight for a local x-mas party.

Cheers

Daryll

please write to our e-mail support to analyse the problem

Well, for a quick and dirty solution just do the following: close UM3 and go to ‘C:\Users[Current User]\AppData\Roaming\UltraMixer\data’ and delete the ‘filearchive’ directory.
Then just add the music folders you want to have with UM3 to the UM2 archive, also close it and then start UM3.
Cause you’ve deleted the UM3 filearchive manually befor, you will be asked for importing the UM2 one on newly start up of version 3. - Just do so and you’ll get quickly a fix for your problem.

For finding the global issue with your UM3 archive you’ll have to contact the UM support. I think they’ll find the reason of your problem immediatly.

Kind regards!

Edit: Oh tobi was faster than me, but may my quick-and-dirty solution is also interresting to you … :slight_smile:

[quote=“Bofrost_Mann”:f70a8]
Well, for a quick and dirty solution just do the following: close UM3 and go to ‘C:\Users[Current User]\AppData\Roaming\UltraMixer\data’ and delete the ‘filearchive’ directory.
Then just add the music folders you want to have with UM3 to the UM2 archive, also close it and then start UM3.
Cause you’ve deleted the UM3 filearchive manually befor, you will be asked for importing the UM2 one on newly start up of version 3. - Just do so and you’ll get quickly a fix for your problem.

For finding the global issue with your UM3 archive you’ll have to contact the UM support. I think they’ll find the reason of your problem immediatly.

Kind regards!
[/quote:f70a8]
Thanks mate , that did the trick , I will submit a complete breakdown of what happened and when , still its a brand new version , bound to have the odd niggle.
Thanks again

Daryll