Database limit

Is there a limit to the number of records in the db? It loads quick until around 33,900 records and then slows to a crawl.

Cheers!

Hello dbtahoe,

well there is no intended data base limit. 33,900 songs is actually a nice catch :slight_smile: This is a good point to start a new optimization.

Thank you
Sl@jaR

Do you use UltraMixer 2.1.4? We optimized the database in UM 2.1.3, so 30.000 files and more are no problem for UltraMixer… Maybe there is another bottle neg on your system, e.g. fragmented hard disk?

When does UltraMixer slows down? while adding new songs? while searching the filearchive?

Yes 2.1.4

Brand new ext. firewire drive. I’ve recreated the archive several times and each time at just over 33,900 records, it slows significantly down. 0-33,900 in 15 minutes. 33,900 to 77,000 takes another 8 hours.

MacBook Pro Duo Core 2.13 GHz
1 gig ram

I am currently using the free version since my demo expired. Would that have an impact?

The last couple times I have closed it down, it’s given me an error that I have sent to you via your built-in app.

Other than that, it seems to perform fine.

[quote:c08c3]
I am currently using the free version since my demo expired. Would that have an impact?
[/quote:c08c3]
Well that has not affect. The FreeEdition is not restricted in means of data base vitality.

regards
Sl@jaR