choppy playback

Hi

I have downloaded the trial version (21 days or 40 starts) everything works really well except for the fact that I get choppy playback at certain times. It runs well for 5 mins then a song goes choppy for like 20 seconds before it comes good again. Is this a limitation of the trial version?

Any help would be great

Hello mikey,

this is definitively not a limitation of the trial. It should work out of the box. Could you please tell us more about your system? Operating system and so on?

thank you
Sl@jaR

for sure

my system is Windows XP service pack 2
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.4 GHz with 2 gb of Ram
400 GB Hard Drive
Realtek onboard sound card 5.10.00.5296 with directX 9.0c audio codec is ALC888
video card Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT

the choppy playback is not limited to a certain song… ie if i stop ultramixer from playing the song then start that same song again in like 20 seconds the song is fine and it only seems to be doing it about every 5 or 6 minutes

Hello mikey,

wow that sounds pretty weird. Actually, we don’t have any delay-lines or buffer lines that are 5 or 6 minutes long. The longest amplitude I can imagine is approx. 1 minute. And this might only happen if you tuned all buffer sizes in the settings dialog to maximum. To ensure your drivers are working properly, I’d like you to make a further test. Could you please install the ASIO4All driver: http://asio4all.com/
These drivers are virtual ASIO drivers for all WDM compatible sound cards as well for your Realtek one. Then switch to ASIO-Mode in UltraMixer, if it’s not done automatically. After that’ please hear if it still comes to some choppy sounds.

Thank you
Sl@jaR