Cant run Ultramixer 2.1 on Fedora 7

[*****@localhost UltraMixer]$ Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: method java.io.PrintStream. with signature (Ljava.lang.String;)V was not found.
at ultramixer.rC.(Unknown Source)
at ultramixer.sB.(Unknown Source)
at ultramixer.sB.a(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.main.view.Start.main(Unknown Source)

Im using java 1.6.1 and Fedora 7 with all the updates.

Ultramixer 2.0.13 worked fine.

Thanks in advance

Seems the same happens to 2.1.1

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: method java.io.PrintStream. with signature (Ljava.lang.String;)V was not found.
at ultramixer.rG.(Unknown Source)
at ultramixer.sF.(Unknown Source)
at ultramixer.sF.a(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.main.view.Start.main(Unknown Source)

Hope you can help

Hello eduardo,

I haven’t heard of java 1.6.1 until now. Do you mean java 1.6.0 Update2? If not, did you install gcj or something like this? You must ensure you are running sun’s java on your system.

regards
Sl@jaR

UltraMixer has tested your system. Your operating system is Linux. Your Java version is 1.6.0_01. You have available the required Java version (Java 1.5 or higher).

I have downloaded it from http://java.com/es/

How can i know if i have gcj installed in my system ? As i said before ultramixer 2.0.13 worked fine.

Hello eduardo,

the browser java runtime environment seems to be ok. Unfortunately, that doesn’t mean you default java is ok as well.
Could you please go to a terminal and type:

java -version

best regards
Sl@jaR

It shows:

java version “1.5.0”
gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.1.2 20070502 (Red Hat 4.1.2-12)

Copyright © 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Thanks for your help

Hello eduardo,

as expected you are runing gcj :frowning: as your default java runtime.
Your task is now to avoid the gcj runtime.

There is already a thread in the UltraMixer forum how to do this on Ubuntu: http://www.ultramixer.com/index.php?c=Zm9ydW0=

The easiest way IMHO is just downloading the sun jre from www.java.com install it somewhere in your users directory e.g.
/home//sunjava

Then edit the UltraMixer.sh:

[code:88b93]
exec java -Xms64M -Xmx512M -classpath .:lib/UltraMixer.jar:lib/res.jar:lib/skinlf.jar:lib/jdic.jar:lib/jdic_fileutil.jar:lib/hsqldb.jar:lib/TableLayout.jar:lib/JFreedbClient.jar:lib/tbley.jar:lib/swing-worker.jar:lib/entagged-audioformats.jar:lib/umupdate.jar:lib/saxpath.jar:lib/jaxen-jdom.jar:lib/jaxen.jar:lib/jdom.jar:lib/IClock.jar:lib/freeJSX1.0.7.5.jar:lib/l2fprod-common-directorychooser.jar:lib/l2fprod-common-fontchooser.jar:lib/swingx.jar:lib/xstream.jar:lib/swingx-ws.jar:lib/jdic_stub.jar com.ultramixer.main.view.Start
[/code:88b93]

to something like this:

[code:88b93]
exec /home//sunjava/bin/java -Xms64M -Xmx512M -classpath .:lib/UltraMixer.jar:lib/res.jar:lib/skinlf.jar:lib/jdic.jar:lib/jdic_fileutil.jar:lib/hsqldb.jar:lib/TableLayout.jar:lib/JFreedbClient.jar:lib/tbley.jar:lib/swing-worker.jar:lib/entagged-audioformats.jar:lib/umupdate.jar:lib/saxpath.jar:lib/jaxen-jdom.jar:lib/jaxen.jar:lib/jdom.jar:lib/IClock.jar:lib/freeJSX1.0.7.5.jar:lib/l2fprod-common-directorychooser.jar:lib/l2fprod-common-fontchooser.jar:lib/swingx.jar:lib/xstream.jar:lib/swingx-ws.jar:lib/jdic_stub.jar com.ultramixer.main.view.Start
[/code:88b93]

After that it should run without any problems :slight_smile:

regards
Sl@jaR

[*****@localhost ~]$ java -version
java version “1.6.0_01”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_01-b06)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 1.6.0_01-b06, mixed mode, sharing)

I think ive solved this problem.

But now when i run Ultramixer it begins with the splash screen but hangs initialising Audio engine.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Could you please run the UltraMixer.sh from a terminal. If there are any error they might be printed out on the terminal.

regards
Sl@jaR

Nops.

It begans: Initializing look and feel and then Initializing Audio engine and it hangs. No response.

I run Fedora 7 with the last updates.

No message in the terminal.

Id try 2.1.1

[quote=“Anonymous”:ae268]
Nops.

It begans: Initializing look and feel and then Initializing Audio engine and it hangs. No response.

I run Fedora 7 with the last updates.

No message in the terminal.

Id try 2.1.2

Ive installed 2.1.2 and the message was:

msg = Your FileArchive contains an old structure, and has to be updated. Do you want to complete the update now? Attention: After updating your filearchive older versions of UltraMixer doesn’t work anymore! We recomment you to export your current filearchive before updating it. If you object the update, UltraMixer will be closed.
[/quote:ae268]

Hello eduardo,

are you sure you are running your Fedora Core on a x86 based system? Additionally, you must ensure OSS is properly working on your system. ALSA based Linux OS’s are supporting a abstraction layer ALSA2OSS.

regards
Sl@jaR

Although I am not trying to run on Fedora 7, my system was hanging in the same place. I tried executing it as root and it runs just fine… So you may want to try sudo or just use a root terminal to try it…

What linux favour do you use? Over here with SuSE 10.2 it is running as “normal” user fine.

regards
Sl@jaR