Cannot load mp3 files (UM 2.0.10.1 GNU/Linux Free version)

Hello,

Under Gentoo GNU/Linux (and using ALSA) I cannot play any mp3 file with UM (the files work perfectly with audio players). Here is the exact error:
“Could not load file /home/myuser/Music/the_file_name.mp3”.
I’ve checked with directories and files that do not have any spaces or special characters, but that doesn’t change anything.

About a week ago, I read somewhere on the forum that somebody had the same problem with an older version of UM but that the problem disappeared after the first start up: I still have the problem no matter how many times I restart UM or my computer … =/

Could anybody help me out here, Thanks. :wink:

P.S.: I originally posted this message in the English section of the board but then I realized that the section called “Deutsch” is the English part … lol

P.P.S.: I tried to send a bug report via UM it-self but it didn’t work so I sent an email to the team (because even three days ago I couldn’t sign up on the forum for some unknown reason … )

Hello Xionbox,

a college of mine has answered this question by email:

“Thanks for your message. Have you tried 2.0.11 ? I think that might fix your
problems. Unfortunately, we have bigger problems with our server and hackers
:frowning: That’s why it’s down some time but we are working on it.”

regards
Sl@jaR

I’ve just installed the newest version of Ultramixer (2.0.11), but the problem is still there … and with the same error message.

I’ve tried running the program in root too (in case it was a permission problem) but I have the exact same message… I’ve tried twice (one right after the installation and the second time a couple minutes after)…

Is there anyway to debug the program, like a variable to change or something? Maybe can I unzip the .jar and change a global DEBUG variable to “true” … (I started Java about a month ago at school and I program in other languages so I think I’ll be able to read the code :wink: ).

Hi Xionbox,

did you check you used the appropriate OSS-Layer abstraction for ALSA?
Unfortunately, you can’t debug the program by yourself :wink: It’s supplied as a binary only.

regards
Sl@jaR

[quote=“Sl@jaR”:56693]
Hi Xionbox,

did you check you used the appropriate OSS-Layer abstraction for ALSA?
Unfortunately, you can’t debug the program by yourself :wink: It’s supplied as a binary only.

regards
Sl@jaR
[/quote:56693]
I have the same problm, how can I check I use the appropriate OSS-Layer abstraction for ALSA?

[Ubuntu 7.04]

Thanks a lot

Hello Xionbox,

well there might be a problem with OSS-ALSA layers. I’ll do a brand new ALSA implementation after the 2.1 release. That should fix up the OSS/ALSA issue.

regards
Sl@jaR

Hi!

I’m having the same problem here!
I’m using MacOSX 10.4.10 and there’s some mp3 that gives me that can’t open file /bla/bla/bla/…

:frowning: Any suggestions? Maybe converting it to another format??

[quote=“Anonymous”:235c1]
Hi!

I’m using MacOSX 10.4.10 and there’s some mp3 that gives me that can’t open file /bla/bla/bla/…

[/quote:235c1]
Ok! I’ve just found it! :smiley:

It seems that UltraMixer has problems with files with strange characters like: ã for example…
This characters can’t be in the path neither…

Like: ./bla/blá/music.mp3 --> won’t work :frowning:
but ./bla/bla/music.mp3 --> works just fine…

I think this is simple to make a correction right???

[quote=“Anonymous”:67a71]

[quote=“Anonymous”:67a71]
Hi!

[/quote:67a71]
Ok! I’ve just found it! :smiley:

It seems that UltraMixer has problems with files with strange characters like: ã for example…
This characters can’t be in the path neither…

Like: ./bla/blá/music.mp3 --> won’t work :frowning:
but ./bla/bla/music.mp3 --> works just fine…

I think this is simple to make a correction right???
[/quote:67a71]
Doesn’t help, I also have that isue with OSX 10.5.1… it is not opening any file or playing it…

Hello mauko,

did you use UltraMixer 2.1.3 or later? Thiss issue was fixed in this version:
http://www.ultramixer.com/index.php?c=cHJvZHVjdHM=&c2=dmVyc2lvbmhpc3Rvcnk=
See “support for filenames with non ASCII letters”.

regards
Sl@jaR