Best laptop purchase for UM Pro running on Ubuntu Studio?

Hi,

My objective is to have DJ software running flawlessly on Linux. I have installed UM on a couple of Ubuntu (not Ubuntu Studio) systems and I’ve experienced some looping on currently playing tracks (like a scratched record) when I strain the system a little (like clicking on too many tracks too quickly).

Before I purchase UM Pro I’d like to find out what laptop I could buy that would run UM flawlessly. Ideally I don’t really want to mess around getting stuff to work with what I already have, I just want a guaranteed supported setup to minimise the risk of problems. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Gothfunc

Does support normally take longer than a week?

No, of course not but you will need to ultramixer.com/contact.html to get prefered support.

Actually, we cannot propose a laptop since there is no such thing like “the best Ubuntu PC”. It’s always a matter of compromises.

I did use the contact form too, there was no response :frowning:

I don’t want the best Ubuntu PC, I want a system that has been tested thoroughly and successfully with UltraMixer. I don’t need anything except UM running flawlessly on a linux setup. What linux laptops do you test it on, if any?

[quote:2f41c]
I did use the contact form too, there was no response :frowning:
[/quote:2f41c]
Are you sure, you didn’t receive an email? Maybe you should check your SPAM folder. We don’t ignore any email.

[quote:2f41c]
I don’t want the best Ubuntu PC, I want a system that has been tested thoroughly and successfully with UltraMixer. I don’t need anything except UM running flawlessly on a linux setup. What linux laptops do you test it on, if any?
[/quote:2f41c]
Actually, this are mostly Macintosh systems MacBook Pro, iBooks, MiniMacs etc. Unbuntu is installed as a separate Partition on those systems. Furthermore we have some older PC systems and some older PC laptops where we test UltraMixer as well.

Nope, no emails in my spam folder either. Ok, thanks. One last question. What make and model are the PC laptops you test on with linux?

It’s Acer, HP and Toshiba so, it’s quite a large test base.