AutoDJ Mixing options

A very good feature that cannot be seen very often would be the start of the following song at the time when the current song is finishing and gets quiet. :wink: This could be a function used together with the AutoDJ option, when you define your playlist and let go everything alone, to get a good mix.

I think its more a question of time and effort and how complex it is to be realized. The goal would be to leave completely out the last quiet seconds of a track. Everytime a track comes near to the end and the volume diminishes, then the fading process to the next track starts.

Could become very interesting :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi darkfliagr,

Thanks for your post.

The current AutoDJ option starts the next song x seconds before the current finishes. Some tracks contains silence at the beginning or at the end, so the next song starts to late… The solution is an automatic silence killer, so the AutoMix starts the next song when the current one gets quiet - independent of the end of the file.

Is this what you mean? We’ll intergate such a silence killer in the future.

Best regards & Happy Mixing,

[quote=“Tobi”:96c4d]
Hi darkfliagr,

Thanks for your post.

The current AutoDJ option starts the next song x seconds before the current finishes. Some tracks contains silence at the beginning or at the end, so the next song starts to late… The solution is an automatic silence killer, so the AutoMix starts the next song when the current one gets quiet - independent of the end of the file.

Is this what you mean? We’ll intergate such a silence killer in the future.

Best regards & Happy Mixing,
[/quote:96c4d]

Exactly this was my intention!
Good work guys, hope it works soon!

+1

Auto Cue
silence killer

Needed in UM

Hi craquos,

sure silence killer/detection is a good feature to implement. It’s already planned but what do you mean by Auto Cue? Do you mean automatic cue-point calculation?

Happy Mixing!
Sl@jaR

Auto Fade like in Virtual DJ (comes with the Hercules DJ Console) would be very nice:

• Auto Cue
  • Auto Sync
  • Auto BPM(-Sync)
  • Auto Gain

At the moment I use VirtualDJ, but I look after such a software for Linux, so it would be very nice, if I found it in UltraMixer :slight_smile:

Hi miles,

[quote:85e5c]

• Auto Cue
  • Auto Sync
  • Auto BPM(-Sync)
  • Auto Gain
    [/quote:85e5c]

Auto Cue, auto sync and auto BPM are on our to do list. In case of Auto Gain we think we have a much better solution for this purpose. UltraMixer does support Replay-Gain since 2.0.4. We did implement a Replay Gain calculation as well which will be available in one of the upcomming releases.

Happy Mixing!
Sl@jaR