Autocue on-off, songlist management, hanging songs...

Yesterday I’ve downloaded and have run UltraMixer 2.0.7 Basic (Free) Edition under Fedora Core 4 on my laptop. I was intrested how much it would be diferent from my experiences with real mixer and I have to say that UltraMixer works fine, but after a while I realise that something should be improved. Here are my first thoughts:

1. I haven’t noticed where I can disactivate “autocue” (maybe in pro version there is possibility to do that, but in demo version “Cue” button behave just the same as in Free Ed.) - I’d like to play for example some songs from one playlist one after another without changing playlists or play entire CD album without necessity of clicking “Play” button after end of a track.

2. Some sort of “sorting buttons” (“Move Up/Move Down”) shoud be added to mixer playlists - moving files up and down through playlists is difficult right now, and no so intuitive with mouse.

3. I noticed that there is problem with clearing playlists and memory. After I put some songs to the playlist, I decided to clear it, but last song that was played was in memory all the time - there was no possibility to remove it from memory - only restarting application was, I have to say no so elegant, solution for that.

4. I have graphic card that support up to 1024x768 pixels screen resolution and I noticed that in Pro Version some of the buttons (form Effects panel) are out of the screen even in maximize screen… Is there any possibility to change application window behaviour? Playlists could be scalable, when there is not so many space on screen to put all panels… I dont have to see 5 or more songs in playlist window when slider for playlist is right there. Moving application window is rather not a good idea, I’d rather want to see all control buttons in full screen mode. Or, maybe application look should be correlated with screen resolution?

Hi Jacek,

Sorry for my late response…

1. You can’t play a whole playlist in one soundplayer. You have to activate the AutoMix feature…

2. This is very controversial, because it would be very difficult to move up a song from the bottom to the top with move-buttons…

3. If you load a song in the soundplayer and remove it from the playlist, the song continous to play! It’s right! Otherwise it would be possible to detroy the playback for the audience by removing the song from the playlist by mistake…

4. Normally, UltraMixer should be completely visible with a resolution of 1024x768. Try to switch to the fullscreen mode or hide your task bar.

Ad. 3

Well it’s reasonable when the song is still going, but in situation when everything is stopped there’s no possibility to clear memory. One have to load another songs into playlist, double click on selected track and then song in memory is replaced… I meant that playlist [i:cebbd]and memory[/i:cebbd] should be cleared completely when I stop playback. Vide: WinAmp or Xmms.

Hi Jacek,

Winamp is a audio player, UltraMixer a DJ software. There is an important difference: A dj software has to be latency free! So if we would clear the memory when you stop the playback, you can’t restart the song without latency. When you load a song into the soundplayer, we do a lot of processing…

So the use cases of winamp and a dj software aren’t the same. Normally, this memory issue shouldn’t be a problem for you (for your system).