Application doesn't start

My System: Widows XP SP2, 512 MB Ram, 2,4GHz, onbord soundcard, JRE 1.5.0_06.

When I start the UltraMixer, the Splashscreen starts and loads the components up to “Creating Mixer” and freezes. What can I do in this case?
A restart of UltraMixer doesn’t solve the problem.
After a reinstallation a can start the application a few time an then I have the same problem again.

The is a second problem: I run only this application am sometimes I hear shots breaks. How can I solve this problem?

Hey roady,

could you please try to reboot your entire PC in this case? I have an idea what’s going wrong but I am not sure right now.

regards
Sl@jaR

Hello Sl@jaR

Sorry for the time delay.

I’ve got just startet my machine now and have the problem again. So the reboot doesn’t care.

Hope someone has some good ideas.

On my mac (PowerBook the last PPC serie, RAM 1024MB) is works fine. Sometimes, rarely, i’ve got the same problem with the short breaks like in Windows. Some ideas?

As I started the application with “Run as” and then a User with administrator rights the Ultramixer starts without any problems.

The second problem is still there.

Same problem here on a linux machine.
umerr.log:

05.04.2006 18:20:06 com.ultramixer.preferences.d
INFO: Different key size…
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ultramixer.widgets.ui.b.a(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.widgets.mixer.elements.r.e(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.widgets.mixer.elements.r.(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.widgets.mixer.f.m(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.widgets.mixer.f.(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.widgets.mixer.d.i(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.widgets.mixer.d.a(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.main.view.C.i(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.main.view.C.c(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.main.view.f.d(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.main.view.StartUltramixer.a(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.main.view.StartUltramixer.start(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.main.view.StartUltramixer.main(Unknown Source)

But no problem as root

well, now i have the same problem as root since ultramixer crashed. I solved the problem by deleting the .java directory in my home directory (and in the root directory). Now it works as with normal user account again.

Hi roady,

please try to decrease the Buffer size in preferences/audio/buffer size… Set it to 1 MB. This topic will need some more investigation, I think…

regards
Sl@jaR

Hi Sl@jaR

Thanks for the reply.

As I set the buffersize to 1MB it’s horrible. The sound is worser than before. :cry:
When I set the buffersize to 30MB it’s mostly fine, not perfect but better than before. :confused:

Have you some other idea?

Best regards
Roady

I have just tried to change the buffersize on my mac, to solve the problem below, but I can’t start the application. When the message comes “Creating Mixer” I get a Javaerror “NullPointerException” and the application is closed.

I think it’s the same problem like on the other operating systems. No root rights.

Hope the next release fixes this bug.

Best regards

Roady

Hi roady,

you spoke about two systems. What are these system configurations (processor, operating system, soundcard)? Actually, I didn’t hear this bug for weeks. I have a AMD64 3.0Ghz with Linux and a iBook 1,2Ghz PPC with MacOSX.

regards
Sl@jaR

Hi Sl@jaR

Windows XP SP2:
Intel Pentium 4 HT 2.4 GHz
512 MB Ram
Onbord Sound (Shuttle PC: Realtek ALC650 5.1 channel audio controller)

Mac OS X (10.4.6):
Powerbook
PPC G4 1.5 GHz
1256 MB Ram
Onbord Sound

Here the errorfile from the mac:
umett.txt:
08.04.2006 11:23:55 com.ultramixer.preferences.d
INFO: Different key size…
[LaunchRunner Error] com.ultramixer.main.view.StartUltramixer.main(String[]) thr
ew an exception:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ultramixer.widgets.ui.b.a(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.widgets.mixer.elements.r.e(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.widgets.mixer.elements.r.(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.widgets.mixer.f.m(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.widgets.mixer.f.(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.widgets.mixer.d.i(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.widgets.mixer.d.a(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.main.view.C.i(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.main.view.C.c(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.main.view.f.d(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.main.view.StartUltramixer.a(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.main.view.StartUltramixer.start(Unknown Source)
at com.ultramixer.main.view.StartUltramixer.main(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.run(LaunchRunner.java:88)
at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.callMain(LaunchRunner.java:50)
at apple.launcher.JavaApplicationLauncher.launch(JavaApplicationLauncher.java:52)[/url]

Hey roady,

had you have UM 2.0.4 installed prior you installed 2.0.5? This is probably, an installation error.

regards
Sl@jaR

Hi Sl@jaR

No only UM 2.0.5 was installed, but the first time I removed the UM I haven’t use the unistaller. Can this be the problem?

Best regards

roady

Hi

Now I can start the UM on the mac again. The solution is removing the file: /Users/MYUSER/Library/Preferences/com.ultramixer.preferences.plist.

The other Problem with the short breaks can I solve, when I minimize the UM. I think on the gui is too much activity. Is is posible the deactivate some gui-elements like the scroll-text or the releasetime or the normal time or the volume lights, on the next beta-release?

Best regards

raody

Hi roady,

thank you for the hint. We’ll consider your proposal.

regards
Sl@jaR

I get the same error (Different key size…), the application stops at “Creating Mixer…”

The error occurs after I changed the skin and restarted UM, independently if I am root or not.

My System:
UM 2.0.5
Java 1.5.0_06-1.1
OpenSuse 10.0
AMD Athlon XP 3200+
1GB RAM

How can I change skin back without starting the app?

Greetz

Please send us “umerr.txt” and “umlog.txt” (in /.ultramixer)

If you can’t start UltraMixer just remove UltraMixers properties (located in /.java/com/ultramixer.)

OK I’ve sent you the both files.

If I change the skin name in ~/.java/.userprefs/com/ultramixer/preferences/prefs.xml back to 1024, the app starts again, only if the entry is 1024b or 1024c for the other skins, the app hungs up.

Greetz