2.0.13 Will Not Startup Mac OSX 10.4.10 PowerPC

Hello- I am trying to evaluate the pro demo program for an upcoming event but it locks up when I open the program. Installation was fine and Java is up to date. Any ideas?

Hi TanzBear,

well that sounds weird. Could you please provide some further information like Intel or PPC, sound cards?

Thank you in advance
Sl@jaR

Yeah, it’s freaky. I have a PowerPC iMac running 10.4.10. I forgot I have a GigaPort USB sound card on that machine and thought it might relate. Lo and behold, I was able to get the app running on my stock laptop. Therefore, It’s obviously something on my end, perhaps the sound card, so I appreciate your time. I want to use the sound card with the laptop so we’ll see what that brings:-)

I’ll post a follow-up when I figure it out?

Hi TanzBear,

we really appreciate if you post your solution since the whole system from hardware, processors, pci-busses, RAM, sound cards up to the software is a pretty complex thing :slight_smile:

thanks
Sl@jaR

having the same problem installed fine - starts up ok but when the timer runs out the program justs locks up - I have a G4 tiger 10.4.10 and java is updated what gives??? it’s the free copy

Do you have the latest UltraMixer version?

I have the lastest version of everything I need. just glad I tried this before I paid good money.

Hello rdunn,

hhm, that’s not really much information about that issue. Do you have some soundcards beside the internal one connected?
Do you have MacOSX 10.4.10 running? How fast is your CPU?

kind regards
Sl@jaR

ONLY HAVE A BUILT IN SOUND CARD - CPU SPEED IS 800 MHz
mem is 1 GB it’s a power Mac G4 (ACP graphics) CPU TYPE POWERPC G4 (2.1)

Well, ok. Officially we don’t support CPU’s under 1Ghz but I think it should work anyway. Do you have MacOSX 10.4.10 installed? The exact java version would be nice as well so we can probably reproduce this behaviour.

kind regards
Sl@jaR