monitor

Hi guys,

nice program :smiley: .Now, I just need a monitor. Is it sufficient to buy a usb headset or should I buy an asio sound card or which other device (e.g. usb 4 in 4 out audio device)? What would you reccommend for home use and maybe for a private party?
Cheers

Hi floomie,

which operating system do you use? It depends. For example if you prefer Windows you should probably buy a standard 5.1 soundcard. If you select the 5.1 settings in you system control panel UltraMixer will present you front and rear and probably center as well. The you have at least 2 channels from one soundcard. This is the cheapest solution.

best regards
Sl@jaR

Cheer Sl@jaR for the fast reply,

Im using an windows operating system. The soundcard 5.1 solution sounds good for my pc at home, but I would like to run ultramixer as well on my (windows) laptop. thats why I was thinking of just buying an usb headset as a monitor. But maybe there are other external devices that work better? Cheers for more reccomendations :smiley:

Hi floomie,

well that depends on how much you want to pay :wink: Actually, we have some dj consoles that work very good such as Hercules DJ Console or Beringher BCD2000. If you just want to use a simple USB soundcard, any will do :wink: I tested for example Soundblaster Extigy or SBLive! USB. The soundblaster might come with ASIO drivers that will give you a better latency and it will have multiple outputs at once. Be aware that both main soundcard and monitor should be almost equally to get the best monitoring. UltraMixer will do some internal latency adaptions to achieve the best monitoring, but when the sound devices are too different no software can make it working properly :wink:

regards
Sl@jaR

Hi Sl@jaR,

you helped me out :smiley:
cheers floomie

Hi floomie,

that’s why we are here :smiley:
What do you think maybe we should sell some appropriate soundcards over the webpage?

regards
Sl@jaR

Hi Sl@jaR,

y not? Would be very helpful 2 have a selection of soundcards and mixing consoles that work well well with the program and a short description for whom which soundcard suits best.
regards
floomie

PS: one little bug on your webpage. The “post reply” button at the bottom of each thread doesn’t work with my firefox browser. I always have to click the button at the top of the page

Hi floomie,

thank you for your suggestions. I am sure we will provide a list of soundcards very soon.
I am also using the firefox browser 2.0 on my OpenSuse 10.2 and it is working properly with the reply-button :slight_smile: I’ll try it on Windows as well.

regards
Sl@jaR

Hi Sl@jaR,

2day everthing works properly. So no worries. Dont know what was going on last time,
cheers floomie

Hi floomie,

thank you for your message. Did you buy a monitor soundcard? If yes, which one?

regards
Sl@jaR

Hi Sl@jaR,

first going travelling to south america for the next 3 month. but if afterwards some cash is still around I would love to buy the behringer dj console. looks good.
cheers
Floomie

Hi floomie,

the behringer dj console is a good choice :slight_smile: We have pretty good expierences with it. Have a nice trip!

regards
Sl@jaR